The current Tillington Parish Council was elected in May 2019, and meets six times a year, mainly on a Thursday evening in the Village Hall. Meetings are always advertised in advance on the village notice boards, and the public is welcome to attend.
In common with all Parish Councils, its powers and its budget are extremely modest. However, as well as attending to its statutory duties, the Council tries to take a lead in areas that will improve village life, will use existing resources and will promote cohesion. To this end, the Council is currently working on the following:
- Co-operation with TLC (Tillington Local Care) of help and support, including fruit and veg boxes, to vulnerable parishioners during the life of the Covid-19 pandemic
- Influencing the speed on the A272 through our village downwards, and working with the police to reduce the incidents of aggressive motorbike racing.
- Creating and maintaining an interactive website that acts as an ambassador for the wider parish
- Launching and fully supporting an initiative towards being more sustainable households within a more sustainable village.
- Bringing all the various elements of the village together regularly to share effort, resources and ideas.
Council Meetings 2023
- Thursday 21st September
Current Parish Councillors
- Tom Compton – Chairman
- Roger Morgan-Grenville – Vice Chairman
- Jo Clevely
- Mary Connor
- Charles Drake
- Roger ter Haar
- Andrina Lunt
- Sue Wickham
- Clerk to the Parish Council: Jean Huggett